J&K: Woman panchayat member wounded in militant attack
Militants shot Zoona in the neck at her house at Hardshiva Sopore, 52 km from Srinagar.
Srinagar: Suspected militants on Sunday shot at and injured a woman panchayat member in Sopore area in Baramulla district of North Kashmir. Militants shot Zoona, wife of Mohammad Ramzan, in the neck at her house at Hardshiva Sopore, some 52 km from Srinagar, police said.
The woman panchayat member was taken to a hospital in Sopore but was later referred to a Srinagar hospital for treatment. Militants, on Saturday, shot dead sarpanch Habibullah Mir in Sopore.
In south Kashmir, ultras shot dead a civilian after abducting him in Pulwama district. The militants kidnapped Mohammad Shafi Dar, a contractor by profession, from his native Aglar village in Pulwama, at around 5 pm Saturday, police said. Dar's bullet-riddled body was recovered from a nearby village late Saturday night. No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18