J&K: Woman panchayat member wounded in militant attack
Militants shot Zoona in the neck at her house at Hardshiva Sopore, 52 km from Srinagar.
Srinagar: Suspected militants on Sunday shot at and injured a woman panchayat member in Sopore area in Baramulla district of North Kashmir. Militants shot Zoona, wife of Mohammad Ramzan, in the neck at her house at Hardshiva Sopore, some 52 km from Srinagar, police said.
The woman panchayat member was taken to a hospital in Sopore but was later referred to a Srinagar hospital for treatment. Militants, on Saturday, shot dead sarpanch Habibullah Mir in Sopore.
In south Kashmir, ultras shot dead a civilian after abducting him in Pulwama district. The militants kidnapped Mohammad Shafi Dar, a contractor by profession, from his native Aglar village in Pulwama, at around 5 pm Saturday, police said. Dar's bullet-riddled body was recovered from a nearby village late Saturday night. No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner