DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
J'khand: 4 men arrested for piercing woman's tongue with needle
Police said the villagers also fined the woman Rs 10,000 and forced her husband to sell his land to pay the fine.
Medininagar: Four persons were arrested on Wednesday for allegedly piercing the tongue of a woman with a needle after dubbing her a witch in Jharkhand's Latehar district on Sunday, police said.
The four, Subhash Mehta, Arvind Bhuiyan, Dulal Bhuiyan and Bijan Bhuiyan were arrested after the woman Kalawati Devi filed a FIR naming 12 persons yesterday, the sources said.
The woman was beaten up on Sunday at a meeting called by villagers for allegedly practicing black magic at Piprakala village under Maneka police station. The villagers also fined the woman Rs 10,000 and forced her husband to sell his land to pay the fine, the police said.
The four also pierced the woman's tongue with a needle, they added.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Feels India Well-Equipped to Defend Champions Trophy Crown
- Andy Murray Struggles With Illness on French Open Eve: Reports
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835