JKLF chief Yasin Malik, 7 others detained
The chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front Yasin Malik and his seven aides were on Thursday detained by police at Banihal while they were going to tension gripped Rajouri town.
Srinagar: The chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front Yasin Malik and his seven aides were on Thursday detained by police at Banihal while they were going to tension gripped Rajouri town.
"Malik and seven other JKLF leaders were detained by police at Banihal as they were heading towards Rajouri," JKLF spokesman said.
He said Malik was going to the border town in Jammu region as part of his efforts to defuse tension following clashes between two communities.
The curfew was clamped on the town last week after some unidentified persons pelted stones at a religious procession.
The stone-hurlers were protesting against VHP leader Praveen Togadia's recent remarks which, they alleged, had hurt sentiments of a particular community.
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street Journal
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Stills: The Trailer is All About Love, Friendship, Heartbreak