DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
JKLF Chief Yasin Malik Arrested in Srinagar
A TV grab of JKLF Chief Yasin Malik.
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Muhammad Yasin Malik was arrested here on Friday when he tried to carry out a protest march.
Malik, along with a group of JKLF activists, started a protest march from Maisuma area to city centre Lal Chowk after Friday prayers when police intervened and took Malik and around a dozen of his supporters into preventive custody.
Sources in the JKLF said the march was intended to mount pressure on the government to release political prisoners in Kashmir.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia