JKLF Chief Yasin Malik Arrested in Srinagar
Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Muhammad Yasin Malik was arrested here on Friday when he tried to carry out a protest march.
A TV grab of JKLF Chief Yasin Malik.
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Muhammad Yasin Malik was arrested here on Friday when he tried to carry out a protest march.
Malik, along with a group of JKLF activists, started a protest march from Maisuma area to city centre Lal Chowk after Friday prayers when police intervened and took Malik and around a dozen of his supporters into preventive custody.
Sources in the JKLF said the march was intended to mount pressure on the government to release political prisoners in Kashmir.
Recommended For You
- Rahul's Hoodoo Continues; Misses Ton Again After Scoring 50
- SOTY 2 First Poster: A Chilled Out Tiger Shroff Gets Admission in KJo's 'Cool College'
- AbRam Khan Thinks that Amitabh Bachchan is Shah Rukh's Father
- Bigg Boss 11: Evicted contestant Benafsha Soonawalla Says, ‘I Played in the House With As Much Dignity As I Could’
- 20th November 2009: Sachin Tendulkar Crosses 30,000 Run Barrier