JKLF Chief Yasin Malik Arrested in Srinagar
A TV grab of JKLF Chief Yasin Malik.
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Muhammad Yasin Malik was arrested here on Friday when he tried to carry out a protest march.
Malik, along with a group of JKLF activists, started a protest march from Maisuma area to city centre Lal Chowk after Friday prayers when police intervened and took Malik and around a dozen of his supporters into preventive custody.
Sources in the JKLF said the march was intended to mount pressure on the government to release political prisoners in Kashmir.
Recommended For You
- Won't Let Virat Kohli Settle Into Rhythm, Says England Pacer Ball
- Barack Obama Spills The Beans On How He Survived The White House Years
- Rahul Gandhi Trolled For 'Torn Kurta' Antic During His Speech In Rishikesh
- Bigg Boss 10: Nitibha Kaul Feels She'll Have A Great Equation With Manveer Gurjar Outside The House
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know