JKLF Chief Yasin Malik Arrested in Srinagar
Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Muhammad Yasin Malik was arrested here on Friday when he tried to carry out a protest march.
A TV grab of JKLF Chief Yasin Malik.
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Muhammad Yasin Malik was arrested here on Friday when he tried to carry out a protest march.
Malik, along with a group of JKLF activists, started a protest march from Maisuma area to city centre Lal Chowk after Friday prayers when police intervened and took Malik and around a dozen of his supporters into preventive custody.
Sources in the JKLF said the march was intended to mount pressure on the government to release political prisoners in Kashmir.
Recommended For You
- Jio Phone: 9 Ways How Reliance Jio Could Disrupt the Market
- Habibi Radha: Egyptian Singer Recreates Radha For Jab Harry Met Sejal
- Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe Launched in India For Rs 74.80 Lakh
- Indian Cricketer Parvinder Awana Manhandled in Noida
- It's A Portrait Of Understated Cosmic Glamour, Says Tarun About His Collection