J&K: Woman panchayat member injured in militant attack
This is the second incident in 24 hours in which a panchayat member has been attacked.
Srinagar: Suspected militants on Saturday shot at and critically injured a woman panchayat member in Sopore area in Baramulla district of north Kashmir. This is the second incident in 24 hours in which a panchayat member has been attacked.
Militants shot at Zoona in the neck at her house at Hardshiva Sopore, some 52-km from Srinagar. The woman panchayat member was taken to a hospital in Sopore but was referred to Srinagar for treatment.
Militants on Friday shot dead sarpanch Habibullah Mir in Sopore. The sarpanch, who was critically injured, was admitted to a hospital in Sopore where he later succumbed to his injuries.
In south Kashmir, ultras shot dead a civilian after abducting him in Pulwama district.
The militants kidnapped Mohammad Shafi Dar, a contractor by profession, from his native Aglar village in Pulwama, at around 5 pm on Friday. Dar's bullet-riddled body was recovered from a nearby village late on Friday night. No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement