J&K: Woman panchayat member injured in militant attack
This is the second incident in 24 hours in which a panchayat member has been attacked.
Srinagar: Suspected militants on Saturday shot at and critically injured a woman panchayat member in Sopore area in Baramulla district of north Kashmir. This is the second incident in 24 hours in which a panchayat member has been attacked.
Militants shot at Zoona in the neck at her house at Hardshiva Sopore, some 52-km from Srinagar. The woman panchayat member was taken to a hospital in Sopore but was referred to Srinagar for treatment.
Militants on Friday shot dead sarpanch Habibullah Mir in Sopore. The sarpanch, who was critically injured, was admitted to a hospital in Sopore where he later succumbed to his injuries.
In south Kashmir, ultras shot dead a civilian after abducting him in Pulwama district.
The militants kidnapped Mohammad Shafi Dar, a contractor by profession, from his native Aglar village in Pulwama, at around 5 pm on Friday. Dar's bullet-riddled body was recovered from a nearby village late on Friday night. No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Watch: Special Broadcast On Surgical Strikes Across LoC
- India Briefs Envoys of 25 Countries After Army Conducts Surgical Strike
- Nawaz Sharif Talks to Army Cheif, Reviews Pakistan's Defence Preparedness