DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
J&K: Woman panchayat member injured in militant attack
This is the second incident in 24 hours in which a panchayat member has been attacked.
Srinagar: Suspected militants on Saturday shot at and critically injured a woman panchayat member in Sopore area in Baramulla district of north Kashmir. This is the second incident in 24 hours in which a panchayat member has been attacked.
Militants shot at Zoona in the neck at her house at Hardshiva Sopore, some 52-km from Srinagar. The woman panchayat member was taken to a hospital in Sopore but was referred to Srinagar for treatment.
Militants on Friday shot dead sarpanch Habibullah Mir in Sopore. The sarpanch, who was critically injured, was admitted to a hospital in Sopore where he later succumbed to his injuries.
In south Kashmir, ultras shot dead a civilian after abducting him in Pulwama district.
The militants kidnapped Mohammad Shafi Dar, a contractor by profession, from his native Aglar village in Pulwama, at around 5 pm on Friday. Dar's bullet-riddled body was recovered from a nearby village late on Friday night. No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO