DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Johar Cup hockey: India draw with Malaysia
India played a 3-3 draw against hosts Malaysia in their last league match of the Sultan of Johar Cup hockey.
New Delhi: India played a 3-3 draw against hosts Malaysia in their last league match of the Sultan of Johar Cup hockey at the Taman Daya Stadium in Johor Baru, Malaysia.
India took lead in the 19th minute through a brilliant effort from Akashdeep Singh who slipped the ball past Hafizuddin Othman. Gagandeep Singh converted penalty corner in the 25th minute.
Malaysia reduced the margin in the 28th minute scoring a field goal through Noor Faeez Ibrahim. Malaysia levelled the match in the 45th minute through Firhan Ashaari.
Gurmail Singh put in good effort in the 58th minute to give India a 3-2 lead but Noor Faeez Ibrahim scored an equaliser in the 69th minute. India, who have remained unbeaten in the five matches, are already through to the final of the tournament.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi