'John Doe order' imposed on Dulquer's 'Ustad Hotel'
The new movie from Anwar Rasheed, 'Ustad Hotel', has become the first Malayalam movie to have a 'John Doe order'.
The new movie from Anwar Rasheed, 'Ustad Hotel', has become the first Malayalam movie to have a 'John Doe order' issued against Internet piracy.
This order was issued as a precaution following the DVD release of the Dulquer Salmaan movie which recently completed 100 days in theatres.
This kind of 'John Doe order' has been effectively used in the case of many Bollywood movies and some recent Tamil films like '3'and 'Maattrraan'. As per this order, websites that allow their users to download stream films without proper license from the film's copyright owner, can be sued legally and punished.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance