'John Doe order' imposed on Dulquer's 'Ustad Hotel'
The new movie from Anwar Rasheed, 'Ustad Hotel', has become the first Malayalam movie to have a 'John Doe order'.
The new movie from Anwar Rasheed, 'Ustad Hotel', has become the first Malayalam movie to have a 'John Doe order' issued against Internet piracy.
This order was issued as a precaution following the DVD release of the Dulquer Salmaan movie which recently completed 100 days in theatres.
This kind of 'John Doe order' has been effectively used in the case of many Bollywood movies and some recent Tamil films like '3'and 'Maattrraan'. As per this order, websites that allow their users to download stream films without proper license from the film's copyright owner, can be sued legally and punished.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties