Jolly LLB: Will Arshad excel as the single lead?
Arshad Warsi is playing the character of a struggling lawyer Jagdish Tyagi aka Jolly in the film.
New Delhi: Arshad Warsi is a name that the viewers associate with comic timing. Some of Arshad's better performances have been seen in films where he played the characters that helped the lead actors in establishing the premise. Be it 'Munnabhai' or 'Golmaal', Arshad had to give edge to fellow actors in order to take the narrative forward, but this time director Subhash Kapoor has presented Arshad Warsi as a lead actor in a film that suits Arshad's style.
The story of the film revolves around a struggling lawyer Jagdish Tyagi aka Jolly, who is not succeeding on any front of life, but one day he finds a case which has the potential of changing his life and career forever. However, the only obstacle in his path is a much sought after lawyer Rajpal (Boman Irani). Now, Jolly has to strike a balance between his personal and professional life, so that he can emerge as a winner in the court battle of his life time.
Amrita Rao, who is playing the role of Sandhya, is doing a lead character after a long gap. Last time she was seen in 'Love U Mr Kalakaar'.
In an interview given to IANS, Arshad said, "When people accept such films, it opens doors for good cinema. There are a lot of good filmmakers who cannot make their films because they are into this kind of cinema."
He added, "When films like 'Kai Po Che', 'Barfi!' work and if 'Jolly LLB' also works, a lot of those writers, who write such movies will be encouraged to come forward. This is good cinema and it should be made."
Arshad was recently seen in 'Zila Ghaziabad' where he played the character of a local gangster, and now he is doing a satirical film like 'Jolly LLB'. This shows his versatility and the makers of 'Jolly LLB' would be relying on his range to impress the audience. (With inputs from IANS)
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif