Juan Martin del Potro defeats David Ferrer to reach semi-finals
Juan Martin del Potro overcame an early injury and beat David Ferrer 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (5) to reach the Wimbledon semi-finals.
London: Juan Martin del Potro overcame an early injury and beat David Ferrer 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (5) on Wednesday to reach the Wimbledon semi-finals.
Del Potro reinjured his left knee on the fifth point of the match and called for a trainer to check it out. But he kept going and quickly took command against the fourth-seeded Ferrer, who was trying to reach the Wimbledon semifinals for the first time.
Del Potro, who beat Roger Federer to win his only Grand Slam title at the 2009 US Open, will face Novak Djokovic, who defeated Tomas Berdych on Court 1.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form