Juan Martin del Potro defeats David Ferrer to reach semi-finals
Juan Martin del Potro overcame an early injury and beat David Ferrer 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (5) to reach the Wimbledon semi-finals.
London: Juan Martin del Potro overcame an early injury and beat David Ferrer 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (5) on Wednesday to reach the Wimbledon semi-finals.
Del Potro reinjured his left knee on the fifth point of the match and called for a trainer to check it out. But he kept going and quickly took command against the fourth-seeded Ferrer, who was trying to reach the Wimbledon semifinals for the first time.
Del Potro, who beat Roger Federer to win his only Grand Slam title at the 2009 US Open, will face Novak Djokovic, who defeated Tomas Berdych on Court 1.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar