Juan Martin del Potro ruled out of Madrid Open with virus
World number seven Juan Martin del Potro has withdrawn from next week's Madrid Open because of a viral infection.
World number seven Juan Martin del Potro has withdrawn from next week's Madrid Open because of a viral infection, organisers said on Friday. The heavy-hitting Argentine reached the semi-finals last year before losing to Czech Tomas Berdych.
"He has a virus and will not be fit to play," a statement on the tournament's website (www.madrid-open.com) said. "We wish him a fast recovery."
Belgian David Goffin, who was in the qualifying tournament, will take Del Potro's place in the main draw.
The claycourt Masters Series tournament features the big four of world number one Novak Djokovic, defending champion Roger Federer, Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal.
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Catches Fire in an Indigo Flight
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017
- LeT Joins Hands With ISIS To Infiltrate Subcontinent
- India, China Discuss Security and Cooperation to Combat Terror
- France Welcomes India's Move to Ratify Climate Change Agreement