Juan Monaco loses opener in Brazil
Juan Monaco lost an opening-round match for the third time this season, falling to Simone Bolelli of Italy 7-5, 6-2.
Sao Paulo: Juan Monaco lost an opening-round match for the third time this season, falling to Simone Bolelli of Italy 7-5, 6-2 at the Brazil Open on Thursday.
The 15th-ranked Argentine had his service broken four times in the second-round loss at the indoor, clay-court tournament in Sao Paulo, South America's biggest city.
The 80th-ranked Bolelli needed 1 hour, 16 minutes to defeat Monaco and advance to the quarter-finals in Brazil. Monaco, who had a bye in the first round, lost his opening match at the Australian Open and last week in Vina del Mar, Chile.
Top-seeded Rafael Nadal will play his first singles later Thursday against Brazilian Joao Souza. The Spaniard withdrew from the doubles on Wednesday to rest his injured left knee.
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street Journal
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Jordanian Writer Assassinated Over Controversial Cartoon