Juan Monaco loses opener in Brazil
Juan Monaco lost an opening-round match for the third time this season, falling to Simone Bolelli of Italy 7-5, 6-2.
Sao Paulo: Juan Monaco lost an opening-round match for the third time this season, falling to Simone Bolelli of Italy 7-5, 6-2 at the Brazil Open on Thursday.
The 15th-ranked Argentine had his service broken four times in the second-round loss at the indoor, clay-court tournament in Sao Paulo, South America's biggest city.
The 80th-ranked Bolelli needed 1 hour, 16 minutes to defeat Monaco and advance to the quarter-finals in Brazil. Monaco, who had a bye in the first round, lost his opening match at the Australian Open and last week in Vina del Mar, Chile.
Top-seeded Rafael Nadal will play his first singles later Thursday against Brazilian Joao Souza. The Spaniard withdrew from the doubles on Wednesday to rest his injured left knee.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right