DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Juan Monaco loses opener in Brazil
Juan Monaco lost an opening-round match for the third time this season, falling to Simone Bolelli of Italy 7-5, 6-2.
Sao Paulo: Juan Monaco lost an opening-round match for the third time this season, falling to Simone Bolelli of Italy 7-5, 6-2 at the Brazil Open on Thursday.
The 15th-ranked Argentine had his service broken four times in the second-round loss at the indoor, clay-court tournament in Sao Paulo, South America's biggest city.
The 80th-ranked Bolelli needed 1 hour, 16 minutes to defeat Monaco and advance to the quarter-finals in Brazil. Monaco, who had a bye in the first round, lost his opening match at the Australian Open and last week in Vina del Mar, Chile.
Top-seeded Rafael Nadal will play his first singles later Thursday against Brazilian Joao Souza. The Spaniard withdrew from the doubles on Wednesday to rest his injured left knee.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet