UP: Sitting judicial magistrate allegedly assaults two rape victims
The girls say they went to the magistrate's chamber to give their statement when he allegedly made them strip and molested them.
Gonda: Two rape victims in Gonda in Uttar Pradesh have claimed that a sitting judicial magistrate sexually assaulted them.
The girls say they went to the magistrate's chamber to give their statement when he allegedly made them strip and molested them. One of them is a minor.
The police have filed a complaint in the case. The lawyers also staged a demonstration after which the district judge gave an assurance to them that the matter had been referred to the administrative officials of the High Court.
Gonda SP Navneet Rana had earlier said that he had written to the Gonda district judge regarding the incident and was awaiting his orders before taking any steps. "When it involves a judicial officer, we cannot simply register a case on our own. We have to seek permission (before acting)... if we receive orders, then we will register a case," Rana said.
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer