UP: Sitting judicial magistrate allegedly assaults two rape victims
The girls say they went to the magistrate's chamber to give their statement when he allegedly made them strip and molested them.
Gonda: Two rape victims in Gonda in Uttar Pradesh have claimed that a sitting judicial magistrate sexually assaulted them.
The girls say they went to the magistrate's chamber to give their statement when he allegedly made them strip and molested them. One of them is a minor.
The police have filed a complaint in the case. The lawyers also staged a demonstration after which the district judge gave an assurance to them that the matter had been referred to the administrative officials of the High Court.
Gonda SP Navneet Rana had earlier said that he had written to the Gonda district judge regarding the incident and was awaiting his orders before taking any steps. "When it involves a judicial officer, we cannot simply register a case on our own. We have to seek permission (before acting)... if we receive orders, then we will register a case," Rana said.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"