DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UP: Sitting judicial magistrate allegedly assaults two rape victims
The girls say they went to the magistrate's chamber to give their statement when he allegedly made them strip and molested them.
Gonda: Two rape victims in Gonda in Uttar Pradesh have claimed that a sitting judicial magistrate sexually assaulted them.
The girls say they went to the magistrate's chamber to give their statement when he allegedly made them strip and molested them. One of them is a minor.
The police have filed a complaint in the case. The lawyers also staged a demonstration after which the district judge gave an assurance to them that the matter had been referred to the administrative officials of the High Court.
Gonda SP Navneet Rana had earlier said that he had written to the Gonda district judge regarding the incident and was awaiting his orders before taking any steps. "When it involves a judicial officer, we cannot simply register a case on our own. We have to seek permission (before acting)... if we receive orders, then we will register a case," Rana said.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835