Judicial custody of Italian marines extended
The judicial custody of the two Italian marines has been extended till April 16.
Thiruvananthapuram: A court in Kerala on Monday extended till April 16 the judicial custody of two Italian marines arrested for allegedly shooting dead two Indian fishermen in February. They have been lodged at the Central Prison in Thiruvananthapuram. Following the new order, their remand will continue.
Marines Latorre Massimillano and Salvatore Girone were first sentenced by the court for 14 days' custody on February 20 and police were given three days to interrogate them.
Both the marines were produced in court on Monday.
The court on Monday granted permission to police to question them on Tuesday in the prison.
Indian fishermen Ajesh Binki, 25, and Gelastine, 45, were allegedly mistaken as pirates and shot dead by the Italians who were on the security crew of cargo vessel Enrica Lexie Feb 15, off Alappuzha in Kerala.
The detention of the Italians has created a chill in India-Italy ties.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner