Juhu 'rave' party: Mumbai Police files chargesheet
The police had conducted a raid in May 2012 at a hotel in suburban Juhu, where drugs were allegedly being consumed.
Mumbai: The Mumbai police on Wednesday filed a chargesheet in 'a rave party' case, wherein IPL player Rahul Sharma, actor couple Apoorva Agnihotri and Shilpa Agnihotri, and others had been rounded up after a raid on a suburban hotel. South African cricketer Wayne Parnell has been showed as a wanted accused in the chargesheet.
The police had conducted a raid in May last year on a party at a hotel in suburban Juhu, where drugs were allegedly being consumed, and rounded up around 86 persons.
"We have filed a 1,200-page chargesheet against 86 persons while 35 accused, mostly foreigners, have been shown as wanted," said a police official. The wanted accused include foreigners who left the country after the medical examination.
The chargesheet names Vishay Handa, the Director of the hotel, DJs Deepesh Sharma and Rakesh Sharma, Agnihotris, and Sharma, among others. The special NDPS Act court will first take cognisance of the chargesheet and then issue summons to the accused.
Meanwhile, MD Hussain, one of the persons present at the party who had tested positive for cannabis, has filed an application seeking immunity from prosecution under section 54 A of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act. Under the section, any person, who is charged with offences involving a small quantity of narcotic drugs and who voluntarily seeks to undergo medical treatment from a de-addiction cetre, can be given immunity. Hussain has contended he had undergone de-addiction at government-run hospital.
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha