DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
227 test positive for drugs in Juhu rave party case
92 pc of the youngsters caught during the Juhu rave party have tested positive.
Mumbai: At least 227 people, including 36 young girls, of the 246 people arrested in connection with the Juhu rave party in October last, have tested positive for drugs.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Vishwas Nagare Patil said on Sunday they had taken samples of 231 youths including 36 girls and 15 drug peddlers, out of a total of 246 people, and sent them for forensic test at the Forensic Science Laboratory, near the Mumbai University, Kalina campus.
He said according to the reports received by the Anti-Narcotic Cell of the city police, of the 195 boys, 176 tested positive, while among the 15 peddlers, 12 men and one woman tested positive.
On October 5 last, the Anti-Narcotic Cell had raided 'Bombay-72 Degree East' restobar and seized narcotic drug worth Rs 9,57,100 and Rs 1,56,000 in cash from possession of the peddlers.
Except the drug peddlers, all the others were released on bail by the special NDPS court, considering their age and that it was their first offence, Mr Patil added.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa