Julia Roberts signs up for new role in TV drama
Mark Ruffalo will co-star in the TV film, which is set to air on America's HBO network in 2014.
Los Angeles: Hollywood superstar Julia Roberts is heading to the small screen for Ryan Murphy's TV adaptation of award-winning stage play 'The Normal Heart'.
The 'Pretty Woman' star will play wheelchair-bound physician Dr Emma Brookner, who treats HIV-positive patients during the Aids epidemic in the early 1980s, reported Ace Showbiz.
The play won critical acclaim when it debuted in New York in 1985, and Ellen Barkin landed the Best Actress Tony Award for her portrayal of the character following its 2011 Broadway revival.
Mark Ruffalo will co-star in the TV film, which is set to air on America's HBO network in 2014. Roberts previously teamed up with Murphy for her 2010 movie, 'Eat Pray Love'.
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager