Julia Roberts signs up for new role in TV drama
Mark Ruffalo will co-star in the TV film, which is set to air on America's HBO network in 2014.
Los Angeles: Hollywood superstar Julia Roberts is heading to the small screen for Ryan Murphy's TV adaptation of award-winning stage play 'The Normal Heart'.
The 'Pretty Woman' star will play wheelchair-bound physician Dr Emma Brookner, who treats HIV-positive patients during the Aids epidemic in the early 1980s, reported Ace Showbiz.
The play won critical acclaim when it debuted in New York in 1985, and Ellen Barkin landed the Best Actress Tony Award for her portrayal of the character following its 2011 Broadway revival.
Mark Ruffalo will co-star in the TV film, which is set to air on America's HBO network in 2014. Roberts previously teamed up with Murphy for her 2010 movie, 'Eat Pray Love'.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right