Jundal, 26/11 dominate Krishna-Khar meeting
Action against Hafiz Saeed and release of Sarabjit Singh were among the important issues that figured in the Indo-Pak meeting.
Tokyo: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna met his Pakistani counterpart Hina Rabbani Khar on Sunday during which he strongly raised the issue of anti-India activities being carried out from the Pakistani soil, maintaining that New Delhi has given additional concrete evidence of the same.
Krishna, who met Khar on the sidelines of a conference on Afghanistan here, asked Pakistan to take steps to check terror activities directed against India.
During the meeting, the Indian minister asserted that India has provided additional concrete evidence of such activities.
Official sources said that recent revelations by Abu Jundal, the LeT operative who handled those involved in the 26/11 carnage in Mumbai, the continued anti-India propaganda by LeT founder Hafiz Saeed and release of Sarabjit Singh were among the important issues that figured in the Krishna-Khar talks, which came two days after their Foreign Secretaries' meeting in New Delhi.
During the Secretary-level talks, Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai had shared with his counterpart Jalil Abbas Jilani the information gathered from Jundal who revealed that he, along with Saeed, was in the control room in Pakistan during the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
Mathai also shared the information on Pakistani passport and Pakistan's domestic identity cards issued to Jundal in the name of Riyasat Ali, indicating the involvement of Pakistan's state agencies in the Mumbai attacks.
India also asked the Pakistani side to find out how such crucial national documents were issued to Jundal and to find out who were behind providing the passport and the two ID cards to him.
However, Jilani had rejected the role of any Pakistani state agency in the Mumbai carnage in which 166 people were killed.
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess