Justice Verma Committee to submit recommendations today
The three-member committee was set up to review existing laws and make changes to check crimes against women.
New Delhi: A month after the brutal Delhi gangrape-murder, the Justice Verma Committee will submit its recommendations on Wednesday. The three-member committee, headed by Justice JS Verma, was set up to review existing laws and make changes to check crimes against women.
The Committee had invited suggestions from citizens as well. The panel has also studied the possibilities of enhanced punishment for criminals who have been accused of committing sexual assault of extreme nature.
The Congress in its suggestions to the Verma Committee had said that rapists must be given life imprisonment and a death sentence must be reserved only in rarest of rare cases.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology