DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kaanchi: Rishi Kapoor, Subhash Ghai team up after 32 years
The entire unit was thrilled to see Rishi Kapoor playing a guitar, said a source from the set.
New Delhi: Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor brought back memories of his 'Karz' days when he played the trademark tune from the 1980 film on the set of filmmaker Subhash Ghai's 'Kaanchi'. The actor and director are teaming again after 32 years, and it was a nostalgic moment for Rishi.
In 'Kaanchi', he plays the villain, a known business tycoon.
The entire unit was thrilled to see Rishi playing a guitar, said a source from the set. When the director said 'Action!', Rishi played the trademark 'Karz' tune.
"It was really nostalgic for me to work with my favourite director friend Subhash Ghai after 32 years. I am happy that we are making a rocking film together - 'Kaanchi'. I am sure my role in the film is going to be very lovable and memorable," Rishi said in a statement.
'Kaanchi' is set to release August 30. It stars a new face Mishti, actor Karthik Tiwari, Rishi Kapoor and Mithun Chakraborty. The music is given by Ismail Darbar, Salim and Suleiman.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi