Kabul Attack Heinous, Reprehensible: India
An Afghan man reacts at the site of a blast in Kabul, Afghanistan May 31, 2017. (Image: Reuters)
New Delhi: India on Wednesday strongly deplored the "heinous and reprehensible" terrorist strike in Kabul and extended all possible support to bring the perpetrators of the attack to justice.
In a strongly-worded statement, the external affairs ministry said the continuing violence even during the holy and pious month of Ramzan reflects the diabolical nature of the perpetrators and their supporters.
"We share the grief of all peace-loving Afghans and convey our sincerest condolences to the government of Afghanistan and the families of the victims of the mindless violence and wish speedy recovery to those injured," the ministry said.
India is ready to render any assistance to the government and the people of Afghanistan and all possible support to bring perpetrators of the attack to justice, it added.
Earlier, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had strongly condemned the blast and underlined the need for defeating
forces supporting terrorism.
At least 80 people were killed and more than 300 wounded in the massive blast which ripped through the diplomatic quarter of the Afghan capital, according to the Afghan health ministry.
Recommended For You
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Watch The 'Tech And Auto Show': Jeep Compass, Yamaha FZ25, One Plus 5 & More
- Tubelight BO Collection: Salman Khan Starrer Collects Rs 19.09 Crore on Eid
- Bajaj Pulsar NS160 Expected Launch by July, Could be Priced Under Rs 1 Lakh On Road
- Virender Sehwag Reveals His Favourite RD Burman Song