'Kai Po Che' highlights the middle class youth: Abhishek
Set in Gujarat, the film is an adaptation of author Chetan Bhagat's third novel 'The 3 Mistakes of My Life'.
New Delhi: Friendship and male-bonding are a recurring theme in his films but director Abhishek Kapoor says in his upcoming release 'Kai Po Che', he has explored the aspirations of Indian youth.
Set in Gujarat, the film is an adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's third novel 'The 3 Mistakes of My Life'.
"It's a film about friendship and just a coincidence that both my films are about friends. But if you compare beyond that, both the films are dramatically different films. "Here, the character are relatable. It's a very deep
rooted Indian film about middle class India and youth. It's
about youth's desire of making money, becoming successful and
having a girlfriend," Abhishek told PTI.
The director, who helmed musical "Rock On!!" last, said 'Kai Po Che' is three times bigger than his previous film. "It's much a bigger film than 'Rock On' because the film has got so many things in the backdrop apart from friendship
being the central theme. It goes into the earthquake, religion, cricket, politics and riots also. The scale is much bigger. If I have to compare 'Kai Po Che' with my last film, it would be like making three 'Rock Ons'," he said.
Abhishek got the idea of making the film when he met Chetan in 2009 and he gave him his book to read. Abhishek was so much intrigued by the three characters that he decided to adapt the book into a film.
"After the release of 'Rock On', I met Chetan. He offered me the book and asked me if I was interested in making a film on it. When I read it, I found that the book understood the real India very well. We took it on and made our own changes
according to the screenplay."
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story