'Kai Po Che!' not Modi propaganda, says director
Director Abhishek Kapoor is upset with those who see 'Kai Po Che' as a tool spreading Modi propaganda.
Mumbai: Director Abhishek Kapoor is upset with those who see "Kai Po Che" as a tool spreading Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi propaganda.
The filmmaker, who has based his third directorial venture on Chetan Bhagat's bestseller 'The 3 Mistakes of My Life', which tells the story of three friends living in Ahmedabad, took to Twitter to express his disappointment.
"Strange how some people are seeing 'Kai Po Che!' as Modi propaganda. They are obviously missing the point and looking for something that it's not..." he tweeted.
Reportedly, some people have been criticising 'Kai Po Che!' for watering down the 2002-Godhra riots incident in the film by depicting it as something that was the sole decision of one the Hindu local leaders.
However, Kapoor describes 'Kai Po Che!' as a film for youth.
"'Kai Po Che!' is about the innocence of youth and their coming of age... not a witch hunt... accept it for what it is... and you might see the light," he tweeted.
Starring, Sushant Singh Rajput, Raj Kumar Yadav, Amit Sadh and Amrita Puri, the film came out last week and is doing well at the box office.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory