Kajol, Tabu, Irrfan Khan get Padma Shri
While Shashi Kapoor gets Padma Bhushan along with Waheeda Rehman and Khayyam
New Delhi: Talented Bollywood actress Kajol, and versatile actors Tabu and Irrfan Khan were named for the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian honour on the eve of Republic Day on Tuesday.
Daughter of veteran actress Tanuja and late Bengali filmmaker Shomu Mukherjee, Kajol made her Bollywood debut with not so successful movie Bekhudi in 1992 at the age of 17.
But the 35-year-old tasted commercial success with her second outing Baazigar where she shared the screen with Shah Rukh Khan for the first time and after that there was no looking back for the actress. She gave hit after hit like Karan Arjun, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham and most recently My Name Is Khan. Kajol is married to Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn and they have two children.
Tabu, one of the most talented actresses in Hindi film industry, debuted in Bollywood with commercial movie Vijaypath, but it was offbeat films like Maachis and Chandni Bar that brought her accolades and awards.
Irrfan Khan has also been conferred with Padma Shri. With his unconventional and powerful performances in Salaam Bombay, Maqbool, Life... In A Metro and The Namesake, the actor has carved a niche for himself in filmdom.
Shashi Kapoor, one of the most charming actors of his time, was named for the Padma Bhushan.
The 72-year-old, who is not keeping well and moves in and out of hospital in Mumbai, charmed Hindi movie-gores with films like Jab Jab Phool Khile, Waqt, Silsila, Deewar, Kabhi Kabhie and Satyam Shivam Sundaram.
He also featured in international projects titled The Householder, Shakespearewallah and Heat and Dust.
In his more than six-decade-long career, Shashi Kapoor also ventured into production and made films like Junoon, Kalyug, Utsav, 36 Chowringhee Lane and Vijeta. He also produced and directed Ajooba.
The veteran composer Khayyam, the man behind the soulful music in 'Kabhi kabhie nere dil mein' and 'Dil cheez kya hai', has been honoured with the Padma Bhushan. Along with Waheeda Rehman.
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Says 7 Pakistani Rangers, Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border, Pak Denies
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18