DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
CWG: Kalmadi to remain in jail till June 1
Co-accused ASV Prasad and Surjit Lal will also stay in judicial custody till the 1st of June.
New Delhi: Former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee (CWG) chief Suresh Kalmadi's judicial custody has been extended till June 1. Kalmadi has been arrested on charges of cheating, conspiracy and corruption in the award of Games related contracts.
His lawyers requested the court to allow him to appear through video conferencing. The additional district judge will take up this application on May 21.
The judicial custody of OC Joint Director General (Sport) ASV Prasad and OC Deputy Director General (Procurement) Surjit Lal has also been extended till June 1.
They have been arrested for allegedly awarding an illegal contract to a Swiss firm for Timing-Scoring-Result (TSR) system for the mega sporting event in 2010 causing a loss of over Rs 90 crore to the exchequer. Both have filed bail applictions which will be taken up on May 20.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan