National Games chairman snubs Kalmadi
National games chairman said its better if Kalmadi doesn't come for the games inauguration.
New Delhi: Sacked Commonwealth Games Organising committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi was snubbed by the chairman of the National Games R K Anand on Tuesday.
Speaking to CNN-IBN, Anand said it's better if Kalmadi doesn't come for the National Games inauguration on February 12, adding that it's up to the IOA chairman to take the final call.
"We have worked very hard on these games, we want to avoid any controversy," said Anand.
Kalmadi was sacked as the CWG chairman following allegations of corruption.
"Different investigating agencies are looking at Mr Kalmadi's role, it's up to him to decide whether he should come," he added.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18