Kamal Haasan fans head to Kerala to watch 'Vishwaroopam'
The film has been banned by Tamil Nadu Government after several Muslim groups protested against it alleging their community has been portrayed in a negative light by the actor.
Dharmapuri: Kamal Haasan's die-hard fans are travelling to Kerala to watch his mega budget 'Vishwaroopam', which has been banned for two weeks in Tamil Nadu. Eager to view the movie, which released across the globe barring Tamil Nadu on Friday, the fans of the actor-director from Dharmapuri and neighbouring Krishnagiri are travelling to destinations in Kerala such as Thiruvananthapuram, about 500 km from Dharmapuri.
With the three-day weekend holiday coming in handy, the fans, including 300 from Dharmapuri, left by buses and train on Friday night to watch the movie, Dharmapuri District Salangai Oli Kamal's Fans Association President R Rajkumar said.
Association Secretary Thilagan said the fans would watch the movie in Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram among other places in the neighbouring district. The film has been banned by Tamil Nadu Government after several Muslim groups protested against it alleging their community has been portrayed in a negative light by the actor.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- Watch: Dengue Plagues Police Station in Mumbai
- Supreme Court Quashes Criminal Case Against MS Dhoni
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
From Our Network
- What ails Amma? Medical all-clear fails to end guessing job over Jayalalithaa's health- FirstPost
- JD(U) leader Sanjay Jha comes out in Arun Jaitley's defense, rules out his involvement in DDCA scam - Pradesh18
- Dadri lynching: Police find no evidence of cow slaughter by Akhlaq family, to file closure report - Pradesh18