Kamal Haasan rocks IIFA with 'Vishwaroopam'
Scenes from the movie, which were screened for the first time on Friday received accolades from the gathered.
Kamal Haasan became the topic of dicsussion among the delegates at the 13th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) weekend and awards in Singapore, as the actor-director screened excerpts from his forthcoming film 'Vishwaroopam'.
Scenes from the movie, which were screened for the first time on Friday received accolades from the gathered. Speaking on the occasion, Kamal said he was looking for talented people and not stars.
"Casting Jaydeep, Andrea and Pooja was easy as I was looking for talent and I found it in them," Kamal said. Stating that he was unable to rope in a leading actress, he said, "We didn't get the dates we wanted from her so we let her go. I wouldn't like to name her. Her name was suggested by my financier, but I am happy with the people I am working with in this film."
On making the film in Tamil and Hindi, he said, "The content of the film is such that it demanded a larger audience, so we made the film in both languages. The basic premise of the film is to get the audience to theatres, so that the people, who have invested in the film, including me, can rake in the moolah."
Recommended For You
- David Warner Wins Australia's Top Individual Award Again
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Fights Off Gael Monfils to Reach Quarters
- Bigg Boss 10: When Salman Khan's Thunder Was Stolen by His Nephew Ahil
- Did Ranveer Singh Just Give a Glimpse of His Look from Padmavati?
- Yamaha R15 v3.0 Revealed, India Launch Likely Later This Year