DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Geetika Sharma case: Gopal Kanda's custody ends
Kanda was arrested on August 18 for allegedly abetting the suicide of his former MDLR Airlines employee Geetika Sharma.
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda's judicial custody ends on Wednesday. Kanda was arrested on August 18 for allegedly abetting the suicide of his former MDLR Airlines employee Geetika Sharma. Geetika had committed suicide on August 5. The sitting Haryana MLA was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police, 13 days after Geetika was found dead in her Ashok Vihar house in North West Delhi.
In her August 4 suicide note, 23-year-old Geetika said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and MDLR executive Aruna Chaddha. Both Kanda and Chaddha have been accused of abetting Geetika's suicide. However, Kanda has been reiterating before the court that no case of abetting suicide is made out against him and that Geetika was "hypersensitive" and the extreme act on her part was that of a "confused and frustrated individual".
The former minister and Aruna Chaddha, ex-official of Kanda's now-defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika had worked, decided to created hurdles in Geetika's career so that she was forced to return to his company.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835