Kanika said she would leave for Malaysia for a month long shooting of 'Avikumar' very soon.
Bhopal: Kanika Tiwari, who had featured in Karan Johar's remake of 'Agneepath', has bagged the lead role in a Tamil film 'Avikumar'.
The 17-year-old class XII student in a local college had played Hrithik Roshan's sister in 'Agneepath', released earlier this year.
Talking to PTI, Kanika said she would leave for Malaysia for a month long shooting of 'Avikumar' with the 70 member film unit.
Kanika was signed for the Tamil film on December 12 this year, which she said, coincided with the birthday of south superstar Rajinikanth.
The actress said that it would be her third film, besides 'Agneepath'.
Kanika said the Tamil language would not be a problem for her as the filmmakers would take care of that aspect.
'Avikumar' is likely to release by March next year, the actress added.
Talking about 'Agneepath', Kanika said, "I am happy about my role in 'Agneepath' as around 6,500 girls had auditioned for it, but I was the one who got selected."
She said that she had not even dreamt of working in films and she bagged the 'Agneepath' role by sheer chance. "One of my acquaintances had sent my photos to Karan Johar's Dharma Productions and I was called in for the auditions," she said.
When asked if she has got any other offer in Bollywood, Kanika said she would next feature in Sunny Deol starrer 'Ghayal 2,' for which shooting is expected to begin in March next year.
Despite her film shoots, Kanika wants to continue with her studies and said she would appear for the class XII exam next year. In order to make up for her studies, a tutor has been appointed, she added.
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Jordanian Writer Assassinated Over Controversial Cartoon
- Rahul Gandhi Visits Places of All Faiths in UP
- PM Modi Least Bothered About People, Says Rahul Gandhi