Kannada actress death: Husband charged with murder
JDS worker Surendra Babu and his driver were charged with murder in connection with the death of the former's wife.
Bangalore: The Karnataka police on Tuesday chargesheeted JDS worker Surendra Babu and his driver with murder in connection with the death of the former's wife, Kannada TV actress Hemashri last year. Babu and his driver Satish were arrested few days after the incident on October 10 last year.
The 300-page chargesheet, submitted to Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Court here, charged the duo with offences of murder, subjecting a woman to cruelty, causing disappearance of evidence or giving false information to screen offender and concealing design to commit crime under IPC sections, police sources said.
Hemashri, who had in the past complained of harassment by Babu, was proceeding to Hyderabad along with him in a car when she felt giddiness and started vomitting. She was rushed to a hospital but declared brought dead.
She had also filed a police complaint stating that her parents had married her "forcibly". Subsequently, she had also complained to the then Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Alok Kumar that she was being harassed by her husband.
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- Official Emblem for U-17 Football World Cup Launched
- BCCI Has Been Unfair to Pakistan, Says Mudassar Nazar
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017