Kannada film 'Danduplaya' to be dubbed in Telugu
Directed by Srinivasa, the film collected Rs 7 crore in two weeks; its total share is now pegged at Rs 25 crore.
'Danduplaya', which released in June is the most popular Kannada film in the recent times. This crime movie, starring Pooja Gandhi, Makaram Deshpande, Ravi Kale, Sai Ravi, Nisha Kotari, Raghu Mukherjee, would be remade into Hindi. A sequel is in the offing. It is now being dubbed into Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Bhojpuri.
Directed by Srinivasa Raju, whose mother tongue is Telugu, this film was released with 110 prints as a small film. However, it has collected a share of Rs 7 crore in two weeks; its total share is now pegged at Rs 25 crore. This was a sensational hit in Sandalwood. The film is based on the rogue adventures of a gang based in Dandupalya, a village in the vicinity of Bengaluru. This story was inspired by a real-life gang which had indulged in a series of murders, molestations, loot and scoot escapades.
"The film has been doing well despite no star presence on the strength of the story. Efforts are on to remake the film with prominent faces in Hindi. 'Dandupalya' was featured at the Goa Indian Panorama. I am happy that the dubbed version of my film is releasing in Telugu," the director says.
Music is by Arjun Janya. Cinematography is by Venkat Prasad of 100% Love fame.
Recommended For You
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology