DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kanpur: class XI rape victim attempts suicide, saved
The 17-year-old student was raped in Kanpur by a friend and two others after being given cold drink laced with sedatives.
Kanpur: The 17-year-old class XI student, who was raped in Kanpur by a friend and two others after being given cold drink laced with sedatives, attempted suicide but was saved by doctors, police said on Sunday.
Unable to bear the trauma of being gangraped, the girl attempted suicide late last night by consuming poison, but was rushed to a nearby medical college where doctors saved her, DSP Jay Narayan Singh said.
Two of the three accused were identified and taken into custody for interrogation, while search is on for the third, the DSP said.
A case has been registered against the three under IPC sections 376 (punishment for rape), 342 (punishment for wrongful confinement) and 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation), Singh said, adding, the three will be arrested soon.
The victim was gangraped by her friend Rajeev and two others after she lost consciousness due to consuming laced cold drink offered by him.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO