DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kanpur sex determination case: Accused sent to jail
The nine accused were arrested on Saturday after a sting operation showed them asking Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000 for the tests.
Kanpur: Nine persons, including six doctors, who had been arrested for allegedly conducting sex determination tests on pregnant women, were on Monday sent to 14-day judicial custody by a local court here. The court rejected the bail pleas of the six doctors, two nurses and one ward boy and sent them to judicial custody.
The nine accused were arrested on Saturday after a sting operation by an NGO showed the doctors asking Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000 for sex determination tests. The video clip was shown to District Magistrate MP Aggarwal who order their arrest.
Subsequently, CMO RP Yadav had cancelled the licences of two ultrasound centres and sealed them.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player