Kanpur sex determination case: Accused sent to jail
The nine accused were arrested on Saturday after a sting operation showed them asking Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000 for the tests.
Kanpur: Nine persons, including six doctors, who had been arrested for allegedly conducting sex determination tests on pregnant women, were on Monday sent to 14-day judicial custody by a local court here. The court rejected the bail pleas of the six doctors, two nurses and one ward boy and sent them to judicial custody.
The nine accused were arrested on Saturday after a sting operation by an NGO showed the doctors asking Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000 for sex determination tests. The video clip was shown to District Magistrate MP Aggarwal who order their arrest.
Subsequently, CMO RP Yadav had cancelled the licences of two ultrasound centres and sealed them.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- SRK Joins Sonakshi Sinha, Sidharth Malhotra On The Sets of Ittefaq
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner