DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kanpur: 8 arrested for conducting sex determination test
The arrests were done following a sting operation by a NGO which was shown to city DM who ordered the arrests.
Kanpur: Eight people, including five doctors were arrested on Saturday for allegedly conducting sex determination tests. Raids were conducted in different hospitals after a local NGO informed the District Magistrate.
Five doctors from various hospitals in the city, two nurses and one ward boy were arrested following raids conducted by the police, SSP Yashasvi Yadav said. The arrests were done following a sting operation by a NGO which was shown to city DM MP Aggarwal who ordered the arrests, Yadav said.
In the video clip the doctors were seen asking Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000 for the sex determination test, he said. A case under relevant sections of IPC and PCPNDT Act has been registered against the accused, he said.
District and health authorities has started the proceedings to get their sonography licences and hospital licences cancelled, he said. Medical Council of India is also being informed so that it can take the required action against the accused, he said.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Roger Moore Had Prouder Achievements Than Playing James Bond
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- With An Arched Brow, Roger Moore Found Humor In Bond, Life