Kanpur: 8 arrested for conducting sex determination test
The arrests were done following a sting operation by a NGO which was shown to city DM who ordered the arrests.
Kanpur: Eight people, including five doctors were arrested on Saturday for allegedly conducting sex determination tests. Raids were conducted in different hospitals after a local NGO informed the District Magistrate.
Five doctors from various hospitals in the city, two nurses and one ward boy were arrested following raids conducted by the police, SSP Yashasvi Yadav said. The arrests were done following a sting operation by a NGO which was shown to city DM MP Aggarwal who ordered the arrests, Yadav said.
In the video clip the doctors were seen asking Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000 for the sex determination test, he said. A case under relevant sections of IPC and PCPNDT Act has been registered against the accused, he said.
District and health authorities has started the proceedings to get their sonography licences and hospital licences cancelled, he said. Medical Council of India is also being informed so that it can take the required action against the accused, he said.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top 5 Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- 'Upbeat West Indies Test side not impacted by bad results'
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration