Kanpur: 8 arrested for conducting sex determination test
The arrests were done following a sting operation by a NGO which was shown to city DM who ordered the arrests.
Kanpur: Eight people, including five doctors were arrested on Saturday for allegedly conducting sex determination tests. Raids were conducted in different hospitals after a local NGO informed the District Magistrate.
Five doctors from various hospitals in the city, two nurses and one ward boy were arrested following raids conducted by the police, SSP Yashasvi Yadav said. The arrests were done following a sting operation by a NGO which was shown to city DM MP Aggarwal who ordered the arrests, Yadav said.
In the video clip the doctors were seen asking Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000 for the sex determination test, he said. A case under relevant sections of IPC and PCPNDT Act has been registered against the accused, he said.
District and health authorities has started the proceedings to get their sonography licences and hospital licences cancelled, he said. Medical Council of India is also being informed so that it can take the required action against the accused, he said.
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1