Kapil Sharma: European producers want to celebrate homosexuality
The film 'Dunno Y...Na Jaane Kyun' gets mainstream spin.
Mumbai: The 2010 gay love story 'Dunno Y...Na Jaane Kyun' is ready to get into the sequel zone. And its Norwegian producers have asked the leading man and producer Kapil Sharma to make the homosexual theme more palatable to a mainstream heterosexual audience.
The sequel, would not just be in Hindi, but in English and Norwegian too.
Hence, the earlier torrid lovemaking scenes between the film's leads - Kapil Sharma and Yuvraj Parasher are now being toned down. There will be plenty of intimate moments, but no kissing and no bedroom lovemaking scenes that had so affronted Parasher's parents in the first film, that they had legally disowned their son.
The gay relationship would now be taken into a happy, more mainstream zone to cater to a more conventional audience throughout the world. It is felt by the sequel's makers that a a more fun treatment of the gay theme would get a better audience response.
"Yuvraj and I will play the same characters, namely Aryan and Ashley. But the story is fresh, and this time we will shoot in Europe. It will be more of a rom-com this time with some touching moments between our characters," said Kapil.
So is the gay movement softening its attitude to be a more integral part of the mainstream?
"Our European producers don't want to make a sob-story out of a gay relationship. They want to celebrate homosexuality, not shed tears about it. So I'd say we're going a step ahead of the first film in the endeavor to get a larger audience. It's important for the gay movement to get the non-gay audience's support and participation," he added.
Parasher's father is also said to have revoked his earlier decision to dissociate himself from his son.
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Rishi, Neetu and Riddhima Post Messages For Ranbir Kapoor On His Birthday
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time