DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kapur 11th, Chowrasia 31st after first round
Shiv Kapur landed two eagles in his opening round of three-under 67 while his team-mate Chowrasia carded a one-under 69.
Amsterdam: Shiv Kapur landed two eagles in his opening round of three-under 67 to be placed tied 11th after the first round of the KLM Open on the European Tour at the Hilversumsche GC here. His team-mate SSP Chowrasia carded a one-under 69 and was tied 31st after the opening day.
Graeme Storm brought home a flawless 63 to reach seven under, putting him two clear of Martin Kaymer, who showed plenty of positive signs ahead of The Ryder Cup with a timely return to form. Kaymer was tied with Fabrizio Zanotti and Raphael Jacquelin in second place.
Kaymer's European teammate, Peter Hanson was one of six players tied for fifth on four under, while Nicolas Colsaerts - one of Jose Maria Olazabal's picks - birdied the last to go round in 70.
Leading the field is Storm, who currently lies 114th in the race to Dubai and faces a battle to retain his European Tour card. He has also been forced to cope with tragedy away from the course, with his grandfather passing away prior to June's BMW International Open.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar