Kapur slips four places in Italian Open Rd 2
Kapur shot a 3-under 69 to go down to tied 14th. Meanwhile, SSP Chowrasia failed to make the cut.
Torino: Indian golfer Shiv Kapur played carded a second-round 69 to keep himself in contention at the BMW Italian Open here.
Kapur, whose five-under 67 on first day put him in tied 10th place, is now tied 14th but is only four behind leader Richard Bland, who has played identical rounds of 66 on both the days.
Meanwhile, SSP Chowrasia was done in by a triple bogey as he carded a two-over 74 and crashed out early. Chowrasia had a first-round 71 and his one-over 145 was not enough to keep him for the weekend as the cut came at four-under.
Bland birdied the last three holes of his second round to snatch the halfway lead. The 39-year-old Englishman is yet to win on The European Tour despite 10 years of trying but now has a fantastic chance to break through at Royal Park I Roveri after a six-under 66 took him to 12-under overall.
Kapur parred the first five holes before dropping a shot on the sixth.
But thereafter he was very and birdied the seventh to get back to even for the day. Then birdies on 10th, 12th and 18th ensured a good day at 69 and a total of eight-under for 36 holes.
Kapur is currently 136th on the Race to Dubai Order of Merit and needs to get into top-115 to get his card for 2013 and needs to come into top-60 to qualify for the year-ending Dubai World Championships. .
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- RBI Staff's Rangoli Tribute To Raghuram Rajan Is Perfect
- When she was born, there was no joy and celebration: Kangana Ranaut's father recalls her birth
- Kangana Ranaut wished to make a film on sister, acid attack survivor Rangoli's life