Kapur slips four places in Italian Open Rd 2
Kapur shot a 3-under 69 to go down to tied 14th. Meanwhile, SSP Chowrasia failed to make the cut.
Torino: Indian golfer Shiv Kapur played carded a second-round 69 to keep himself in contention at the BMW Italian Open here.
Kapur, whose five-under 67 on first day put him in tied 10th place, is now tied 14th but is only four behind leader Richard Bland, who has played identical rounds of 66 on both the days.
Meanwhile, SSP Chowrasia was done in by a triple bogey as he carded a two-over 74 and crashed out early. Chowrasia had a first-round 71 and his one-over 145 was not enough to keep him for the weekend as the cut came at four-under.
Bland birdied the last three holes of his second round to snatch the halfway lead. The 39-year-old Englishman is yet to win on The European Tour despite 10 years of trying but now has a fantastic chance to break through at Royal Park I Roveri after a six-under 66 took him to 12-under overall.
Kapur parred the first five holes before dropping a shot on the sixth.
But thereafter he was very and birdied the seventh to get back to even for the day. Then birdies on 10th, 12th and 18th ensured a good day at 69 and a total of eight-under for 36 holes.
Kapur is currently 136th on the Race to Dubai Order of Merit and needs to get into top-115 to get his card for 2013 and needs to come into top-60 to qualify for the year-ending Dubai World Championships. .
Recommended For You
- CLOSE SHAVEUmpire Paul Reiffel Retires Hurt After Being Hit by Bhuvneshwar Kumar's Throw
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling