DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Kapur starts well at Italian Open golf
The Indian shot a five-under 67 to take the joint 10th spot after the first round.
Torino: Indian golfer Shiv Kapur struck four birdies in a row to register a five-under 67 and grab the joint 10th spot after the opening round of the BMW Italian Open here.
The other Indian challenger in the field, SSP Chowrasia did not have a good day as he carded a one-under 71 to be tied 80th.
The field was led by Swede Joel Sjoholm who put two missed cuts behind him to lead after the first round.
The 27-year-old Swede, who missed the weekend by a single shot in both Switzerland and The Netherlands the last two weeks, will take a one-shot lead into the second round after a fine eight-under 64.
Kapur, starting on the 10th, birdied four in a row from 11th to 14th and then added a fifth birdie on 17th to go five-under for the first nine.
He had his only bogey on seventh and a final birdie on ninth for a 67.
Chowrasia had three birdies on front nine on the fifth, eighth and ninth holes and two bogeys on 12th and 15th on the back stretch.
Defending champion Robert Rock opened with a two-under 70, while Francesco Molinari's 68 was the best score of those heading to The Ryder Cup in a fortnight's time.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes