DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Karan Johar backs Shah Rukh Khan; calls the controversy 'ridiculous'
Supporting his friend, Karan Johar called the entire controversy around SRK's article as 'ridiculous'.
New Delhi: Supporting his friend Shah Rukh Khan, filmmaker Karan Johar called the entire controversy around SRK's article in Outlook magazine as 'ridiculous'.
Johar tweeted, "Ridiculous misinterpretation of @iamsrk`s` words...an extremely well written piece being subjected to political agenda...a shame!!!!(sic)".
Shah Rukh Khan's article on being a muslim in India had stirred controversy and even outrage when Pakistan's Interrior minister demanded that the Indian government gave SRK adequate security cover.
In a media statement, Khan on Tuesday clarified, that he never stated that he felt unsafe in India. "It's ironical that the article was written against political agenda and that's exactly what has happened."
He termed the whole controversy as "nonsense" and said that he doesn't even "understand the basis of the controversy" created by the little snippets of statements taken out of context. "Let us not be misled be those who use religion as a tool," he said.
Recommended For You
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish