DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Karan Johar: I want to make a Rs 1,000 crore film
Currently, upon the release of any film the makers look for achieving Rs 100 crore mark at the box office.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Karan Johar says he will take to direction next year. Karan made his directorial debut in 1998 with 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', followed by 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham' (2001), 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' (2003), 'Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna' (2006), 'My Name is Khan' (2009) and 'Student of the Year' (2012).
Looking at the filmography of Karan, it seems he takes time between his directorial projects. "The reason why it takes time for me to direct is because I am also a producer. I produce films. I would direct a film next year," Karan said.
Currently, upon the release of any film the makers look for achieving Rs 100 crore mark at the box office. But Karan is aiming for Rs 1,000 crore figure.
"I want to make a Rs 1,000 crore hit film. I aspire that it (film) would make Rs 1,000 crore at box office," he said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet