Karan Johar: I want to make a Rs 1,000 crore film
Currently, upon the release of any film the makers look for achieving Rs 100 crore mark at the box office.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Karan Johar says he will take to direction next year. Karan made his directorial debut in 1998 with 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', followed by 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham' (2001), 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' (2003), 'Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna' (2006), 'My Name is Khan' (2009) and 'Student of the Year' (2012).
Looking at the filmography of Karan, it seems he takes time between his directorial projects. "The reason why it takes time for me to direct is because I am also a producer. I produce films. I would direct a film next year," Karan said.
Currently, upon the release of any film the makers look for achieving Rs 100 crore mark at the box office. But Karan is aiming for Rs 1,000 crore figure.
"I want to make a Rs 1,000 crore hit film. I aspire that it (film) would make Rs 1,000 crore at box office," he said.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology