Karan Johar's emotions run high with SOTY
Karan Johar is as emotional about 'SOTY' as the newcomer actors' parents.
Mumbai: After introducing a fresh breed of directors, filmmaker Karan Johar is launching three new actors with his forthcoming film Student Of The Year (SOTY) and says he is as emotional about the project as the actors' parents.
"The film feels different from any other film that I have directed as I have worked with movie stars who don't need hand-holding. With these three newcomers, it was a journey like nurturing and parenting them," Karan Johar told reporters at the trailer launch of Student Of The Year. Karan has teamed up with Mahesh Bhatt's daughter Alia Bhatt, David Dahwan's son Varun and model Siddharth Malhotra for the film.
"I am sure their parents are going through the same emotions that I am going through right now. It's a very special feeling. This is something that I felt I needed to do. It's a very satisfying emotion," said Karan adding, "this is his holiday movie".
"After My Name Is Khan, I personally felt I needed to do something where I personally have fun. I like dance, song, glamour and of course, keep the emotions intact."
"I felt I needed to be on a holiday even on my creative side. And that is what I exactly did... I made them sing, dance and possibly everything that I like." Student Of The Year is slated for an October 19 release.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson