Karl Lagerfeld: If I were the king, my subjects would be stylish, multilingual and free of Alzheimer's disease
Karl Lagerfeld believes that current welfare schemes for public should be scrapped.
Los Angeles: Designer Karl Lagerfeld believes that current welfare schemes for public should be scrapped in favour of bonus systems, which offer extra payments for those who are "well turned-out".
Discussing what he would do if he was King, he said: "I would make myself head of the style police and we would fight fiercely against sloppiness."
"Being well turned-out is not a question of means. Benefits for families would be replaced by maintenance bonuses for those who make an effort," he added.
The 81-year-old designer would also like to see parents educate their children more because he thinks it would reduce the number of people suffering from degenerative conditions like Alzheimer's disease, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"Studying the dictionary should be compulsory. One page per day, like my mother made me do when I was little, with parents testing children in the evening," he said.
"I would make everybody learn two or three languages. Being multilingual is essential, it opens doors for you, opens your mind and helps you to avoid Alzheimer's disease," he added.
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- Farooq Calls Meeting of Opposition to Discuss Kashmir Issue
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Happy That Censor Board is Standing by Us to Release 31st October: Vir Das
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18