Karnataka: CBI cautions people against impersonators
The CBI cautioned people, particularly in mine-rich Bellary district, against falling prey to impersonators.
Bangalore: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Friday cautioned people in Karnataka, particularly in mine-rich Bellary district, against falling prey to persons impersonating as its officers.
The Central investigating agency in a statement said it has come to its notice that some persons impersonating as the CBI officers were moving around in the state especially in Bellary district, threatening persons who had earlier engaged in mining activity and trying to extort money.
"If any such incident comes to light, the public can lodge a complaint either with the local police or with the Central Bureau of Investigation, Anti-Corruption Branch here," it said.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology