Karnataka: Father throws daughter from building
Police said the man had been torturing the baby after birth and had tried to kill her, as he wished for a boy.
Dharwad: In a shocker, a one-and-a-half-year-old girl was seriously injured after allegedly being thrown from the top of a building by her father who has been arrested, police said on Thursday. Superintendent of Police YS Ravikumar said the man Ramesh had been torturing the baby after birth and tried to kill her, as he wished for a boy.
He also had allegedly inflicted injuries with cigarette butt on the baby and his wife had not mustered courage to protest the torture till he dropped the infant from a building on Wednesday, police said.
The baby has been admitted to a hospital and her condition is stated to be serious, police said. After the locals informed police, he was arrested on Thursday on the charge of battering his daughter and a local court remanded him to judicial custody, sources added.
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Timeline of Criminal Defamation Case Filed Against Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18