Karnataka: Father throws daughter from building
Police said the man had been torturing the baby after birth and had tried to kill her, as he wished for a boy.
Dharwad: In a shocker, a one-and-a-half-year-old girl was seriously injured after allegedly being thrown from the top of a building by her father who has been arrested, police said on Thursday. Superintendent of Police YS Ravikumar said the man Ramesh had been torturing the baby after birth and tried to kill her, as he wished for a boy.
He also had allegedly inflicted injuries with cigarette butt on the baby and his wife had not mustered courage to protest the torture till he dropped the infant from a building on Wednesday, police said.
The baby has been admitted to a hospital and her condition is stated to be serious, police said. After the locals informed police, he was arrested on Thursday on the charge of battering his daughter and a local court remanded him to judicial custody, sources added.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show