DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Karnataka: Man abducts minor, rapes her for 8 days
The accused confined the minor and raped her repeatedly for eight days, until she managed to flee on Dec 27.
Gulbarga: In yet another rape case in Karnataka, a 24-year-old married man was arrested on charges of abducting and raping a minor girl for eight days. The incident came to light after following the girl's return to her home on December 27, police said.
The accused, Sabanna Nalappa Poojary, kidnapped the 15-year-old girl from a field on December 19 in Handarki village in Sedam taluk in Gulbarga. Police said the culprit took the girl to Kakalvar village in the nearby Yadgir district promising to marry her, an offer she rejected.
Poojary then abducted the girl and took her to his home while his wife was away, visiting her hometown. The accused confined her and raped her repeatedly for eight days, until the girl managed to flee on December 27. Meanwhile, parents of the girl had also lodged a missing complaint by December 26.
The girl, upon her return, narrated the whole incident and her parents immediately filed a police complaint. The police arrested Poojary, produced him before a local court, which remanded him to 15 day judicial custody.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere