Heavy rains lash coastal K'taka, Udupi flooded
Karnataka has been hit by incessant rains for the past eight days after battling a drought for two months.
Bangalore: Karnataka has been hit by incessant rains for the past eight days after battling a drought for two months.
Coastal Karnataka has reportedly received the most rainfall, while parts of Udupi are flooded.
Heavy rains are also being reported from previously drought-hit areas like Raichur, Shimoga, Hassan and Belgaum as well.
The rainfall deficit there is now down to 28 per cent.
This has caused the water levels in the Kabini and the Almaty dams to reach full capacity bringing cheer to thousands of farmers.
The Met department has predicted heavy rainfall for the next two days as well.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines