DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Karnataka: Severe power crisis in Bangalore, other cities from Tuesday
According to Karnataka Power minister DK Shivakumar, the state is facing a shortage of 1650 mega Watt power.
Bangalore: Karnataka is likely to face a severe power crisis, if the monsoon is delayed by 10-15 days this season. The state government has already decided to introduce 1-2 hours of load shedding in Bangalore and all other major cities in the state.
According to Karnataka Power minister DK Shivakumar, the state is facing a shortage of 1650 Mega Watt power. The total power generation at thermal power plants in the state has come down 7572 Mega Watt in the last one week.
Other power generating stations and sources are producing just 4460 Mega Watt against expected capacity of over 15,000 Mega Watt he said.
The state including Bangalore is experiencing an unprecedented heat this summer. Even in Bangalore, the maximum temperature has touched almost 40 degree Celsius.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande