Karnataka: Spurned lover stabs girl to death
Hyder (19) had been pestering the 13-year-old girl belonging to the same community to accept his proposal.
Davangere: A spurned lover stabbed a minor girl to death and later tried to commit suicide in Devangere in Karnataka on Wednesday, police said. Hyder (19) had been pestering the 13-year-old girl belonging to the same community to accept his proposal, but the girl had turned down it.
The girl's parents had also warned the youth and also informed his parents. When the girl was on her way to a private tailoring institute, Hyder accosted her, stabbed her several times and chopped off her ear lobe, resulting in her death on the spot, police said.
He then banged his head on a boulder to end his life, but passers-by rushed him to a hospital. Police have registered a case.
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry
- Cyrus Mistry Removed as Chairman, Ratan Tata Takes Interim Charge
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming