Karnataka: Sub-inspector shot dead by constable
The sub-inspector, said to be in his 40s, was rushed to hospital but died on the way.
Bangalore: A police sub-inspector was on Saturday shot dead allegedly by his subordinate constable at a police station near Bangalore during a heated quarrel regarding duty allotment, police said. 44-year-old constable Anand Kumar of Rajanakunte police station in Bangalore Rural district fired from his rifle at SI Vijaykumar, injuring him on his head and chest.
The SI, said to be in his 40s, was rushed to hospital but died on the way, Bangalore Rural Superintendent of Police D Prakash, who rushed to the spot, said. Kumar was immediately taken into custody on charges of murder, he said.
Prakash said the two policemen were involved in a heated argument over allotment of duty by the superior officer when the constable fired at him from his rifle. Vijaykumar was posted to the police station only three months ago.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance