Karnataka: Telugu actor dies in road accident
Telugu actor Bharath alias Yasho Sagar died in a road accident near Tumkur in Karnataka.
Bangalore: Telugu actor Bharath alias Yasho Sagar, whose debut film 'Ullasanga Utsahanga' was a blockbuster, died in a road accident near Tumkur in Karnataka in the wee hours today.
Besides Sagar, in his mid 20s, his assistant Vishvanath Reddy was also killed and another person injured when their car rammed into a bridge near Tumkur, about 100 km from here, District SP T R Suresh told PTI.
The condition of the injured, admitted to a Tumkur hospital, was critical, he said. Sagar was on his way to Bangalore from Pune when the accident took place around 6.30 am, Suresh said. Reddy was driving the car.
A native of Bangalore, Sagar made his debut in Telugu film 'Ullasanga Utsahanga' which was a major hit in 2008. Sagar's father B P Somu is a big time producer in Kannada films. The young star had also acted in Kannada flick 'Mr
Premikudu' which was produced by his father.
He also did the lead in "Ayyo Pavam", Malayalam remake of "Ullasanga Utsahanga".
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Watch: From Friend-turned-foes to Friends Again, The Saga of Mulayam and Amar Singh
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- News360: Will Focus on Poll Campaign, Akhilesh Yadav Tells CNN-News18
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights